Pages

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @HoodcraftNG

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Album review-boyz are not smilin

terry tha rapman
terry tha rapman

1. B.A.N.S (Intro)
“Things just ain’t the same for rappers” well if u ever doubted terry, dis “boyz are not smiling” track eliminates all doubts, sick beat, effortless flow from terry, crazy punch lines
“everybody saying he should be the real king of rap/but he don’t want it, he feels he’s too big for dat”
2. Sample feat Pherowshuz and Stereoman
This was the first single of the album, been out since last year, dis song isn’t one of my favorites and pherowshuz verse didn’t help matters at all, catchy tune though, and the track bagged an award at the last HHWA
3. How far? Feat Sound Sultan
definitely my favorite track of d album, simple truth is, e-twins made a dope track, terry invited sound sultan to murder it with him, dis track relates to all hustlers out there.
“isi ewu, pepper soup, suya for all my friends/I fit dey broke tomorrow but tonight I want to spend/blow all my salary/dis na the mentality/wey we dey use everyday to escape reality”
4. Oti ya were feat M.I
when 2 of naijas dopest Mcs come together to make/murder a track the result is oti ya were, with a  nice catchy hook, it’s a track dat u def want to bump in ur car with the speakers on max
“wonna be in my shoes no stalking/and my niggaz so fly we flocking”-M.I
5. Ojoro feat terry G
dis track has terry g all over it, the beat, the chorus, d madness!!! For all dose guyz out dere who dey don MAGA before, terry relates wit u on dis one
6. Gonna make it
“it’s showtime let the games begin/damn I hate to lose so I play to win/state of emergency is the state I’m in/I plan to kill shows in every state I’m in”
u know dos days when u need music to ginger u to get thru a situation, dis is dat track
7. Boyz don hammer
catchy tune, don’t really have an opinion on dis
8. Get up feat Mo’cheddah
don’t u just love mo’ cheddah, well I do, and I think she added dat extra spice to dis track, “jor-oh” and she raps on it too*very cute*. Very lovely song u can bump at a party or dance to
“so I show finesse/wit no b.s”- mo’cheddah
9. Ladies only
Hmmm, don’t really  have an opinion on dis track, depending on d mood, u may wish to skip it
10. Superstar feat cartiair
terry teams up with cartiair on dis one, has dat crunk rock vibe. Dope track
11. No love
very cool song, where terry talks about the ups and downs of his career.
“no love in the heart of the city/nodoby dey progress cos everybody’s greedy”
12. Someday
A beautiful tribute to his mother, we say Rest in peace to a wonderful woman who birthed such a gifted emcee. We pray for u
13. Pray feat kefee
nice track, terry addresses issues facing our beloved naija, from police injustice to corruption in our government. Kefee does a nice job on the chorus
14. Been there before
“hated by plenty/wanted by many/underrated by some/confronted by none”. Terry reminds us why he’s respected on d naija hip-hop scene
15. Na beans? Remix feat fecko tha emcee, miekharry and osagz
terry featured some upcoming emcees on dis one, d remix of his hit single from his last album, none of these new emcees really stood out for me, dey a coupe of average punch lines
“I burst 16 like a sex offender/stay grinding hard like electric blender”
16. Number 10 feat six foot plus, mista baron and el dee XL
terry teams up with his former team mates from SWATROOT, at least we get to hear six foot plus  rhyme again, using samples from fugees “fugeela”, it’s a good thing it’s d last track on the album

1 comment:

  1. i give this album 9/10 cus we are human beings, Good job,more to come from you

    ReplyDelete